If you’re on Instagram you know how followers are important. If you’re not, then you should be. Growing your Instagram followers base not only validates that your account is popular and worth following but it also brings you more engagements. Comments and Likes are very important because they should others that your followers are engaged and engagement could mean $$$ down the road.
So how should you grow your Instagram followers base organically? Here are 15 ways for doing it. You don’t really have to choose, you can decide you want to try them all or just a couple.
- Consistency – It doesn’t really matter what your account is about but what’s important is to stay consistent. Don’t just jump from one subject to the other. It will only confuse your followers and that’s not what you want.
- Hashtags Research – Don’t just use hashtags with millions of posts. Your post might get lost in the clutter if you do. Instead try to find hashtags that are popular & active and where your post could actually be seen.
- Tagging – Look for large accounts with many followers to feature you. Getting featured by a big account can lead to a spike in your followers. It is not a full-proof strategy but if you have quality content the chances are certainly higher. You could also do the same with tagging a list of your competitor followers who tend to engage with them regularly
- Engage with followers – They already follow you so you know they’re your fans (at least that’s the hope). If you engage with them on a regular basis they will probably share your account with their friends and followers. You can try tagging them in the comments of your posts. In return this will boost your posts with likes.
- Liking Other Photo – Try to find photos in your niche and like them. Even better if you go through the followers of your competitors and like their photos too. In return, they will probably like yours and engage with you.
- Similar accounts – same as above but instead of going through their list of followers you should try to reach out to them and try cross-promotion.
- Hashtags placement – Don’t just clutter your post. Use page breaks to make the post much easier to read.
- Incentives – Reward your followers with some discounts or freebies if you are selling a product. Of course you have to make sure you don’t just giveaway stuff. Ask for likes or other types of engagement. This strategy could bring lots of traffic to your account or website.
- Use stories – Right after posting a new photo upload the same one to a story with your account name and encourage people to engage with it. You will see that this strategy bring much more likes and followers than just posting.
- If your content is popular and re-posted by others then engage with the people who like it. Keep track of the people who liked it and convert them to new likes and followers on your account.
- Facebook Ads – First, this will yield the best results if you already created a group of loyal followers on instagram. Find the best post you had on instagram and boost it for $1 a day to a large audience in your target country.
- Sharing content – This really depends on the type of account you have because sharing other people content may not be relevant to you. If it is then this strategy will increase you account visibility and encourage people who want to be shared on your account to use your hashtag and tag you.
- Automation Tools – Find several competitor accounts with the followers you want and use an automation tool to engage with those people at a scale you can’t possibly do on your own. This will increase the chances they will be engaging back.
- S4S – Or Shout-Out For Shout-Out, Find accounts in your niche and ask them if they are interested in S4S. There are many forums and groups on instant messaging apps dedicated to that and this strategy, though a bit less straightforward, is proven.
There are obviously many other ways to increase your followers base but I believe that if you follow these steps you will genuinely and organically increase your followers base in no time. Just be consistent and good luck!